Call now to order: 214-557-6654
If you don't find the answers to your questions below, please call us at (214) 557-6654 or submit your questions electronically.
Billing/Terms of Service
Does Hillcountry require me to sign a service agreement?
No. Unlike most Internet service providers, Hillcountry does not require customers to sign a long term service agreement. However, all customers who use the Hillcountry Internet service are bound by the following terms:
1. Hillcountry will provide wireless Internet equipment to its customers. and customers will grant access to Hillcountry to remove its equipment upon termination of its Internet service. The Internet equipment will remain the property of Hillcountry for the duration of the service period.
2. The customer assumes responsibility for use of all equipment provided by Hillcountry and for any loss or damages to equipment caused by severe weather, lightning or other acts or nature. Hillcountry will, at Hillcountry expense, replace any equipment that fails due to normal “wear and tear” for a period of one year following the date the equipment is installed. After a period of one year, the customer is responsible for paying the cost of replacing or repairing the equipment at the current market value of the equipment.
3. Hillcountry Internet service is provided to its customers on a month to month basis, and may be cancelled at any time by either party by giving written notice 30 days in advance of said cancellation. Hillcountry retains the option of modifying its service plans and/or pricing structure at any time in order to meet its business needs.
4. Hillcountry Internet service is not intended for critical application usage where down time would cause a health or financial hardship, or a loss to the customer. Hillcountry is not liable for any losses or damage caused by service interruption or outage.
5. Customer agrees to review and comply with Hillcountry Acceptable Use Policy.
6. Payments are to be made monthly either by check or by credit card. A late fee of 5%/month may be assessed for past due payments over 30 days. Hillcountry reserves the right to discontinue service if payments are past due by 60 days or more. Payment for equipment installation and the first period of usage are due upon completion of the installation.
7. Use of the Hillcountry wireless Internet system by the customer constitutes acceptance of the terms above.
Can I pay for my Internet service with a credit card?
We welcome payment by check or credit card. If you would like to make recurring monthly payments by credit card, please submit your request electronically, providing your name (as it appears on your credit card), credit card number, credit card billing address, and expiration date. Credit card billing will begin the next billing cycle.
When is my billing cycle and when is payment due?
The billing cycle for Internet service runs from the first calendar day to the last calendar day of each month. Approximately two days before the end of each month invoices for monthly Internet service are generated for all customers. An invoice generated on a given day is for Internet service for the following month. For example, if an invoice is created December 31, 2013, that invoice is for Internet service beginning January 1, 2014.
For customers who automatically pay by credit card each month, the credit card is charged on the last day of the month for the following month's service. In the example above, the customer's credit card is charged on December 31, 2013 to pay the January 2014 invoice.
Customers who pay by check will typically receive their invoices by USPS around the second day of each month. Payment is due the 15th of each month.
How do I test the speed of my Internet connection?
There are many utilities and web sites that can be used to test the speed of your Internet connection. We recommend using a variety of speed tests in order to give you the most accurate information on your system performance. Our recommended speed tests are listed below:
Your speed results may vary slightly with the time of day due to the loading of the speed test servers. However, the average speeds reported using multiple tests should be within 5% of the advertised speed for your Internet connection. The tests should be run several times from different servers, observing the average results.
Is there a warranty on the wireless Internet equipment installed at my location?
Yes. The customer assumes responsibility for use of all equipment provided by Sugarloaf and for any loss or damages to equipment caused by severe weather, lightning or other acts or nature. Sugarloaf will, at Sugarloaf’s expense, replace any equipment that fails due to normal “wear and tear” for a period of one year following the date the equipment is installed. After a period of one year, the customer is responsible for paying the cost of replacing or repairing the equipment at the current market value of the equipment.